Buried LB

Status
Not open for further replies.

jap

Occupation
Electrician
For some strange reason you are refusing to tell us what jurisdiction this is and/or give us a link to the local code. What is with all the secrecy??

Why are you so concerned with that information?
So you can throw around all your internet "BS" on how much you disagree with it?

JAP>

Why are you so concerned with that information?
So you can throw around all your internet "BS" on how much you disagree with it?

JAP>

I talk code and electrical a lot, and next time this comes up, I would like to be able to say (something like) " in Intercourse PA, they only allow 3 feet of Service conductor after the meter to disconnect" vs " some anonymous guy on the internet said where he is, but he refused to tell me where that was, they only allow 3 feet of Service conductor after the meter to disconnect".

I have heard, believed and spread BS before so I'm just a stickler for getting accurate information. It's not always intentional BS, sometimes people just mishear something or assume common local practice is code. Would love to be able to pull this out of the BS bin, but it's not looking so good.......

jap

Occupation
Electrician
I talk code and electrical a lot, and next time this comes up, I would like to be able to say (something like) " in Intercourse PA, they only allow 3 feet of Service conductor after the meter to disconnect" vs " some anonymous guy on the internet said where he is, but he refused to tell me where that was, they only allow 3 feet of Service conductor after the meter to disconnect".

I have heard, believed and spread BS before so I'm just a stickler for getting accurate information. It's not always intentional BS, sometimes people just mishear something or assume common local practice is code. Would love to be able to pull this out of the BS bin, but it's not looking so good.......

What's your address and I'll see if our AHJ will mail you a copy.

JAP>

What's your address and I'll see if our AHJ will mail you a copy.

JAP>
My contact info I'm sure can easily be found off the information in my signature, it's not fictitious, but here you go:
East west electric
PO box 22
Cooperstown NY 13326

What are you hiding from the law or something? Well I'm done with this, this is totally bizarre. All I will say is it would greatly help your credibility on this forum if you would provide the jurisdiction with that rule, otherwise I think many of us will believe that you made it up.

SSDriver

Occupation
Electrician
lol, I have never seen someone so against posting the jurisdiction of their code question when people are trying to help them.

jap

Occupation
Electrician
Yep.

No need to prove what I already know is required in my area.

Just brought it up because the OP's install simply wouldn't pass in our area.

No need to argue about something we don't disagree with which is the only thing you all seem to be concerned about.

Why else would you be so concerned about wher this rule applies?

Jap>

jap

Occupation
Electrician
lol, I have never seen someone so against posting the jurisdiction of their code question when people are trying to help them.
[/QUOTE

What are you trying to help me with?

I'm curious.

Jap>

jap

Occupation
Electrician
My contact info I'm sure can easily be found off the information in my signature, it's not fictitious, but here you go:
East west electric
PO box 22
Cooperstown NY 13326

What are you hiding from the law or something? Well I'm done with this, this is totally bizarre. All I will say is it would greatly help your credibility on this forum if you would provide the jurisdiction with that rule, otherwise I think many of us will believe that you made it up.

Credibility?

How is my proving to you that in my area a service disconnect is required within 3 to 5 feet from the meter improve my credibility?

Jap>

jap

Occupation
Electrician

Me either because I never asked for help on a code question on this thread. :)
Jap>

oldsparky52

I'm not obligated to tell him something I know for fact.

JAP>
You are correct, you are not obligated. But if he wants to research it himself, I don't understand the harm in giving him the jurisdiction and let him at it. It seems you guys just got your feathers ruffled and are now just going at it.

To be honest, I would love to read the rule too, but it's not a huge deal and I would not chase the rule down.

jap

Occupation
Electrician
1596719618398.png

it's not about the rule oldsparky,,, it's about being referred to as a liar on such simple matter, which I'm not.

I don't have a BS bin. I just tell it like is, and where I'm from that's enough.

JAP>

oldsparky52

View attachment 2553148

it's not about the rule oldsparky,,, it's about being referred to as a liar on such simple matter, which I'm not.

I don't have a BS bin. I just tell it like is, and where I'm from that's enough.

JAP>
Since they didn't mention walls, a meter on the outside and a panel on the inside (back to back) would be within 5', but is that their intent or did they want a disconnect within 5' and within site?

Thanks for posting the rule.

jap

Occupation
Electrician
Since they didn't mention walls, a meter on the outside and a panel on the inside (back to back) would be within 5', but is that their intent or did they want a disconnect within 5' and within site?

Thanks for posting the rule.

Yes, a back to back is allowed as long as it's within 5', but, the 5' is pretty strictly enforced.

It seems they've recently extended it to 5' from 3' as was previously required.

Thus the reasoning I mentioned the OP's install more than likely wouldn't pass in area since it was well past the 3' we were previously allowed.

If it was less than that all would be good.

This requirement has been in place for several years and was actually ahead of it's time.

We never had an issue with it and actually embraced it,,,, still do.

BTW,,,,,Your more than welcome for the post of the requirement.

JAP>

Status
Not open for further replies.