Ufer Grounding

Status
Not open for further replies.

iwire

Staff member
Re: Ufer Grounding

I believe I saw it posted that at least one area requires the rebar to stick out of the footing to make the GEC connection visible.

NJ? FL?

dereckbc

Staff member

Pierre, I am referring too where you would stub up a single piece of rebar for connecting the GEC. I do this inside the electrical room, not outside.

Where I bond the rebar to a ground ring, I specify copper cable in the footing to exit at strategic locations around the perimeter.

[ February 23, 2004, 05:49 PM: Message edited by: dereckbc ]

roger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrician

Dereck,
I am referring too where you would stub up a single piece of rebar for connecting the GEC. I do this inside the electrical room, not outside
this is a common installation in my area also. We will either be on the job at this time or go by and attach a piece of rebar before the pour.

We usually stub this up inside the Main Switchboard.

Roger

A

a.wayne3@verizon.net

In this area a slab can`t be poured without a ufer inspection,some areas differ.some want rebar stubbed out just below grade level,some require #4 connected to the rebar in the footer.But regardless of which no concrete is poured without uffer signed off.

A

a.wayne3@verizon.net

Roger to do that you would have to have a basement non here......Unless you stubbed it out of the slab

roger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrician

Allen, as I said, we attach a piece of rebar (to the footer steel) and run it to the location.

As a matter of fact, I've done the same thing in your part of the world.

Roger

Status
Not open for further replies.