need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

drg

Re: need help

The cottonwood is located around buildings and the owner and wife weighed the costs of removal and the loss of shade from this tree , they decided it would stay and I helped out by doing this job......being a friendly neighbor was part of the equation also on my part.....

Around a rural area there is always a demand for excavating work to be done......just because a person works as a electrician as a primary job it does not disqualify them from doing excavation work as a side gig, plus you stay in good shape doing hard work and I have met some wonderful land owners who have since become friends through my many adventures.

I don't know about the cheap labor part and sense a sort of animosity towards a electrician who does do this type of work, that is ok with me , but one thing I have learned here is that one day when I work myself into a position where I possibly don't have to do this (or cannot anymore) type of back breaking work I am not going to look down on the guy who does have to do it .......perhaps living in a area where you only do one thing is better than what we have around here but I don't know about that first hand.....It sounds odd and unusual , sounds like a lot of stress and competition that makes for a dismal place in work and live .

iwire

Staff member

It is not that I look down on those that want to do this work. I took a job as a landscaper when electric work was slow, nothing shameful about manual labor.

Looking strictly at this as an economic issue for the customer in this area of the country it is cheaper for the customer to have someone else dig.

Now when I used to do side work... :D

drg

I worked on a big commercial job last summer and one of the Bricklayers on the site thought I was a landscaper and questioned me when he seen me helping pull feeders :)

Status
Not open for further replies.