Maestro Dimmers With CFL Bulbs

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have installed the Maestro dimmer with a so called matching CFL bulb when i turn the power back on the dimmer cycles on and off. I was told to replace one of the bulbs with an incandescent bulb and when i did it worked!! Now to keep all the bulbs the same i think i would have to put a resistor in parallel to trick the dimmer that their is a bigger load on it. Any ideas would be great!!!!

NJKen

Ive had the same problem with them. Not all dimmable CFLs are created equal. Just trying a different brand helps sometimes.
Ken

K8MHZ

Michigan. It's a beautiful peninsula, I've looked
Occupation
Electrician
I have installed the Maestro dimmer with a so called matching CFL bulb when i turn the power back on the dimmer cycles on and off. I was told to replace one of the bulbs with an incandescent bulb and when i did it worked!! Now to keep all the bulbs the same i think i would have to put a resistor in parallel to trick the dimmer that their is a bigger load on it. Any ideas would be great!!!!

Resistors create heat. Unless you have some background in circuit design, I strongly suggest you don't try something like using a resistor instead of a light bulb.

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
Lutron has a specific dimmer that works with a matched Phillips CFL bulb. That is the only cfl that the guarantee will be satisfactory.

Status
Not open for further replies.