Lenze VFD no output voltage

Status
Not open for further replies.

ras108

Occupation
Maintenance technician
I'm working on a lenze vfd with keypad on a Muller martini Bolero binder Spine prep 1. We've sent our lenze out for repair and got it back. I had to put the parameters back into it but I'm getting no voltage to the motor. It appears happy and let's me run the machine but the motor isn't spinning. This unit is in a "motor ally" with other lenze vfd's. I'm new to vfds and feel like I might be missing something obvious.

Jraef

Moderator, OTD
Staff member
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Input comes from a b&r 2005 plc, run is enabled
I think what ptonsparky was referring to is that many VFDs have a hard wired input “Enable” that must be closed (high) for the drive to have an output. It’s a safety function, especially in older drives before the advent of STO (Safe Torque Off) inputs. So in many of these, there was a jumper that needed to be installed on that Enable input. Without that jumper, the drive transistors have their base blocked, meaning they cannot fire. I’ve only played with one Lenze drive, I think a 6200(?), but I recall that it required an Enable jumper.

ras108

Occupation
Maintenance technician
The drive gets its signal from a canbus system. I've tested and have a solid 61.3 ohms, if that's what your referring to. There's also a 24vdc jumper in. I'm going to post some more info today and pics.

Jraef

Moderator, OTD
Staff member
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
On terminal block X3, you need a connection from terminal 20 (+20VDC) to terminal 28, which in an “Inhibit” input. 28 must be “high” to enable the drive, meaning if the connection is not there, the drive is inhibited from running. If there is nothing wired there, you must install a jumper. If there is something wired to 28, you need to trace that back to whatever device that is and find out why the circuit is open.

NE (9.06 miles @5.9 Degrees from Winged Horses)
Occupation
EC - retired
On terminal block X3, you need a connection from terminal 20 (+20VDC) to terminal 28, which in an “Inhibit” input. 28 must be “high” to enable the drive, meaning if the connection is not there, the drive is inhibited from running. If there is nothing wired there, you must install a jumper. If there is something wired to 28, you need to trace that back to whatever device that is and find out why the circuit is open.
I couldn't see anything on 28 but wasn't sure if it was the angle of the picture.

Status
Not open for further replies.