GE Low Voltage Switches knowledge needed!

hillbilly1

Its a simple on/off mechanical contact, if you need dimming, you would have to add a seperate dimmer, and intercept the load wire. Would be a real pain in the rear. Using wifi connected lamps or fixtures would be the easiest if they want dimming.

brantmacga

Occupation
Electrical contractor
Its a simple on/off mechanical contact, if you need dimming, you would have to add a seperate dimmer, and intercept the load wire. Would be a real pain in the rear. Using wifi connected lamps or fixtures would be the easiest if they want dimming.
This probably isn’t code compliant, but I’ve seen videos online of people taking a Phillips Hue Button switch, soldering leads onto the contacts inside and connecting it to a momentary contact switch. Wire constant power to the fixture, click the button for on/off, press and hold for dimming. Pretty neat solution. The Hue button is tiny; fits in the wall or fixtures box and battery operated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bob_Sacamano

Occupation
electrician
This probably isn’t code compliant, but I’ve seen videos online of people taking a Phillips Hue Button switch, soldering leads onto the contacts inside and connecting it to a momentary contact switch. Wire constant power to the fixture, click the button for on/off, press and hold for dimming. Pretty neat solution. The Hue button is tiny; fits in the wall or fixtures box and battery operated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They could of just put a ZigBee or wifi trigger in the fixture casing and used the smarttings button or voice activation with Alexa or others for control without soldering. Or a Lutron Caseta if you want to get pricey about it.

I just don't want to pick out a bunch of LED fixtures for this lighting package and they're not compatible. I'll probably have to do time and material on the switches as some are dead and others aren't. I see the relays cost $40-$50, Switches $8-$15, and trim plates $8-12, and the supplier has limited distribution during Covid.