garage circuits

Status
Not open for further replies.

roger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Re: garage circuits

George, Oneway is a guy whose latest code book is atleast three cycles back, and from his posts, I don't think he has a clear understanding of the difference between GC, GEC, EGC, the functions they perform, or in some cases, are allowed to perform. (dual purpose in specific installations) ;)

Roger

[ August 13, 2005, 11:41 AM: Message edited by: roger ]

George Stolz

Staff member
Occupation
Service Manager

Well, then here's to hoping these fellas stick around.
beerchug.gif

jimwalker

Where is 3 way at ? he could help us with oneway and bothways.Anyone else notice how close there numbers are and both joined same day ? :confused:

EI JOE

The NEC, as adopted by the AHJ, is the legal requirement. The Inspector has NO LEGAL RIGHT to demand compliance with standards that exceed the Code. It will not hold up in court, it will not get by a good pro who knows the code as well [or better] than the inspector, and it is arrogant & egotistical to enforce/inflict it on contractors.
If your personal standards are higher than the code and so important, then why hasn't the NEC Board contacted you and enlisted your expertise?

On customers & codes...to exceed the code is sometimes good planning, but most often the result of someone who really doesn't know what they are doing and is running scared.
There is little or no advantage to exceeding Code Requirements from a SAFETY standpoint.
Planning & future expansion are the only reasons to exceed the code.
The customer relies on the contractor to:
1) Meet the customer's needs
2) Do it within the Code

To sell a 'higher standard' is like selling snake-oil. There is (with a few possible exceptions) no perceived safety benefit.

roger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrician

Oneway, it is not proper etiquette to edit or remove your post(s) after they have been replied to (especially days later) even when the reply(s) prove you wrong.

Roger

OneWay

Originally posted by roger:
Oneway, it is not proper etiquette to edit or remove your post(s) after they have been replied to (especially days later) even when the reply(s) prove you wrong.

Roger
Seeing as there are those who choose to argue what is already established in the code, rather than to debate reasons to apply more stringent installation methods makes no sense to me. I withdrew my posting because it would have never died even though it was full of "pock-shots". How it ever was misunderstood is beyond me, I was clear in my statement and next time will be very specific in my wording, as some seem to only know what code reference they're given in the forums, apparently these forums are full of those who have never read a code book. So the next posting when I choose to leave one will have to be detailed because its apparent that I'm not speaking to ones who are savvy about code and can perceive the jest of what I might say. I don't have hours on end to allocate to this forum like some. When I respond to a posting I try to give detail, otherwise I try to simply state the correct way to handle your delimas, without the quickreferance guides.

OneWay

I'm still fairly new to these forums, and will try to adapt, bare with me. I realize you need details, I'll make sure you get them.

[ August 17, 2005, 02:42 PM: Message edited by: OneWay ]

roger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrician

Oneway,
So the next posting when I choose to leave one will have to be detailed because its apparent that I'm not speaking to ones who are savvy about code and can perceive the jest of what I might say.
the problem with this statement is, the posts you removed were blatantly incorrect to even us unsavvy types. :D

Roger

roger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrician

How can I show or tell you what part? You rudely removed the posts. :roll:

Roger

OneWay

just kidding, next time I'll leave it regardless if I'm right or just not entirely correct :D

[ August 18, 2005, 04:16 PM: Message edited by: OneWay ]

roger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrician

roflol.gif

Roger

[ August 18, 2005, 04:22 PM: Message edited by: roger ]

Status
Not open for further replies.