Cutting open walls?

Status
Not open for further replies.

midget

Re: Cutting open walls?

Yeah, I shoulda brought a meter...just the thought of taking apart all those boxes, that woulda been a mess. :p

George Stolz

Staff member
Occupation
Service Manager

Originally posted by clayton:
George, (off the topic)
Do you speak Spanish?
if you do, do you find that it comes in handy
with your work. Like with fellow construction workers or home owners?

I've been thinking of advertising some in Spanish to get at a larger clientele base which in my area is largely overlooked
Not fluently. Certainly not fluently enough to speak to a Spanish-speaking customer. It does come in handy with dealing with other trades, or with the occasional hire to our shop, but that's fairly infrequent. I can get the point across, but conversations are pretty stunted and slow for me at this point. If I've got something that needs saying, I'll think it through so I can get it across in one sentence or less. :)

I'd go for it. If you're fluent and see it as a marketable skill, utilize it. Can't hurt. Where are you based?

macmikeman

Using a plain old extension cord plugged in, is helpful sometimes in combination with your wiggie. You can plug one test lead into the hot side of the cord, and test the ground, and the neutral wire of the circuit in question with the other lead.

clayton

george,
im based in central illinois,
lots of hispanics are moving here to get out of
chicago, especially for their kids sake,

my wife is hispanic as are alot of our friends so ive gotten pretty good with it.

apauling

the word least misleading is "latino", least offensive. that's what i was told. too many different groups that weren't conquered by the Spanish.

from the oversensitive west coast

paul :cool:

midget

Originally posted by macmikeman:
Using a plain old extension cord plugged in, is helpful sometimes in combination with your wiggie. You can plug one test lead into the hot side of the cord, and test the ground, and the neutral wire of the circuit in question with the other lead.
Can you explain this more? I don't understand.

al hildenbrand

Occupation
Electrical Contractor, Electrical Consultant, Electrical Engineer

In your case, you found the outlet apparently dead.

With only a wiggy to work with, you can test the ground and neutral for continuity by plugging an extension cord into a hot outlet somewhere else. Bring the receptacle end of the cord over to the outlet you want to test and put one probe in the cord hot slot (it should be at 120 V) and the other probe on the conductor you wish to test.

Status
Not open for further replies.