Choosing a light fixture

Status
Not open for further replies.

JdoubleU

Does anyone Know of a good web sight that would have information I could print off on types of light fixture for certain location and why. For example HID fixtures would be best for a gym because of the amount of light output with low maintenance. That would also have a description on how the lamp work.

Rewire

Does anyone Know of a good web sight that would have information I could print off on types of light fixture for certain location and why. For example HID fixtures would be best for a gym because of the amount of light output with low maintenance. That would also have a description on how the lamp work.

I prefer T-5 high bays to HID fixtures. Every manufaturer will say they are the best.

rwade0700

Occupation
Electrical Contractor
I prefer T-5 high bays to HID fixtures. Every manufaturer will say they are the best.

T5 High bays are the preferred fixture for many applications, but not all, HID works very well in low temperature conditions. T5 can save a considerable amount of energy VS HID and we are replacing many HID systems with this technology .

Mr. Bill

Some of the manufacturer's offer training and lessons. My first year in this field I went to the GE training center, very informative. The coolest thing was a room with the ceiling that moved, opened up, changed light fixtures to show us the effects of each type of light fixture. What I didn't like was that they kept trying to sell GE products and their website to us. If my company is paying for training I don't want to sit thru sales pitches.

Then you can also find info on websites, most major manufacturers offer something. Usually free. This one comes to mind but you'll need to register before starting a lesson. It's very basic.
http://www.lightolier.com/resources/edu_lessons.jsp

lowbaylighting

Hi Jake,
Whether you're building a new home or just revamping a kitchen that's too out of date to invite your family into, you'll eventually face the issue of what sort of light fixture to add to your plans. Once you've established a budget, you'll want to consider several issues carefully before you go down to the home center and lose yourself in the lighting section.

I am giving some useful links which is used to you

(Moderator's Note: And I am deleting the links. Those are both links to a DIY site, and this is a forum for electrical professionals.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.