Wiring Trailers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alwayslearningelec

Occupation
Estimator
So I have 4 workers trailers that need to be wired. The have 60A MCB panel.
WOuld you bring a seprate 60A feed to each one or run out larger feed and splice down? But then if your circuit breaker or switch trips then all the trailers go down. Thanks.

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
How long are the runs to each trailer and what is the power source a switchboard, distribution board, panel?

Another C10

Electrical Contractor 1987 - present
Occupation
Electrician NEC 2020
So I have 4 workers trailers that need to be wired. The have 60A MCB panel.
WOuld you bring a seprate 60A feed to each one or run out larger feed and splice down? But then if your circuit breaker or switch trips then all the trailers go down. Thanks.
It looks like your maybe an estimator determining the cost for a qualified electrician, like infinity mentioned figure the voltage drop easily found on some reputable electrical calculator website. Then with that you can apply the voltage drop number, to the anticipated load determined; example anticipated load of each trailer ..AC ..coffee machine .. computers .. radio chargers .. lets say roughly 30A 240. that will help you decide if the existing 60A 240 Breaker ..14400w will work for all 4.

Alwayslearningelec

Occupation
Estimator
It looks like your maybe an estimator determining the cost for a qualified electrician, like infinity mentioned figure the voltage drop easily found on some reputable electrical calculator website. Then with that you can apply the voltage drop number, to the anticipated load determined; example anticipated load of each trailer ..AC ..coffee machine .. computers .. radio chargers .. lets say roughly 30A 240. that will help you decide if the existing 60A 240 Breaker ..14400w will work for all 4.
Thanks. But my question also was would you feed multiple trailers from ONE OCPD?

Another C10

Electrical Contractor 1987 - present
Occupation
Electrician NEC 2020
my question also was would you feed multiple trailers from ONE OCPD?
If the 1 over current protective device ... was 1 - 60A breaker then probably not .. hence my original response of

( decide if the existing 60A 240 Breaker ..14400w will work for all 4.)

Status
Not open for further replies.