Wiring inside movabkle energy track ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

milmat1

"It Can't Do That !"
Occupation
Controls Engineer
When running control and/or motor cables through movable energy track such as IGUS Energy chain etc

What type of wiring do you use to stand up to the constant movement ? Especially for the control wires. Motor cables are usually VFD cables rated for this use...

Tony S

We used the RX tubes for CNC machines with the UK equivalent of the cable Rob mentioned.

The only time there would be a problem was an operator damaging the flexi track and thinking they could carry on using the machine. What would have taken ten minutes to fix would result in a new loom having to be fitted.

<edit>
I?ve just had another look, the cables were identical to the ones in Rob?s post.

milmat1

"It Can't Do That !"
Occupation
Controls Engineer
We sometimes do Festoon cable systems. However this application has the energy track running up/dn a vertical track. I have two 10HP FVNR motors that get fed through this track. I have always used Igus cables because it is Igus track. But they are really expensive when you get into power cables. Cables for these two motors alone is around $700.00 (100' Each)

matt902

We sometimes do Festoon cable systems. However this application has the energy track running up/dn a vertical track. I have two 10HP FVNR motors that get fed through this track. I have always used Igus cables because it is Igus track. But they are really expensive when you get into power cables. Cables for these two motors alone is around $700.00 (100' Each)

I meant placing the festoon cable inside the IGUS track.

Status
Not open for further replies.