WI master test

Status
Not open for further replies.

ceecil

I am going to be taking the Wisconsin master electrician test on the 24th. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Re: WI master test

If you don't have up-to-date Comm 3 and Comm 16 go to Wisconsin's web site and download them. I don't remember any Comm 3 questions from my test in Nov '04 but many versions of the test are in the room. I found that practice tests helped more than reviewing the NEC. I used some Pat Clancey practice tests from the '99 code. The answers were the same, just the code articles were different. One question was word for word the same: What is the minimum number of straps required to support 118 feet of two inch rigid? (draw it out) You can't bring in programmable calculators, palm pilots, estimating calculators, cell phones, live chickens, or pagers.

sketchy

The confirmation sheet said com 5 and com 16 questions would be asked, but I don't recall any information from those references. There were some other questions, like what designation a movie theater is (type a1, b2, b3 or something along those lines). I wasn't familiar with that but I haven't dealt with WI code much.

One question I remember was an HID light at the top of a pole doesn't require a ground when installed above so many feet. I guessed 20 I think.

All Multiple choice, bring in any reference material you want and I think programable calculators are fine as long as they are silent. Good Luck!

ceecil

Thanks for all of your help. I have done a lot of electrical over the last 20 years, but for some reason I know there is going to be a stumper or two on the test that I have never dealt with.

Status
Not open for further replies.