Why my led Par38 keep burning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kylelee

Does anyone encounter this substation?
I install over 50 pcs par38 in track light, powering by 14/3 2 circuit sharing same neutral. The Par 38 bulbs keep burning after couple months( replaced with different brand, and use in other stores works fine).
I check all the wiring voltage, current and connections. It all works fine.
I Google it online, some people said it may cause by led HarmonicDisturbance, anyone knows why and how to fixed it?

Appreciate it
13baac8c58d7196f6b7641c459e38356.jpg

39c7b37b53a8e04aea79dcca686da808.jpg

8172e02d1c1fcab2b20f91aee26e3d0a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cadpoint

What size wattage on each bulb, why 14/3? I think your designer got it wrong.

Last track I installed was solo 20 Amp circuit 12/2 per 6' track 12' max.

I had the Cloud work too, not listed and required additional inspection!

kylelee

What size wattage on each bulb, why 14/3? I think your designer got it wrong.

Last track I installed was solo 20 Amp circuit 12/2 per 6' track 12' max.

I had the Cloud work too, not listed and required additional inspection!

There are 2 circuits feeding 2 separate track by 14/3 sharing 1 neural wire. The load is total fine, less than 80%.

kwired

Electron manager
Does anyone encounter this substation?
I install over 50 pcs par38 in track light, powering by 14/3 2 circuit sharing same neutral. The Par 38 bulbs keep burning after couple months( replaced with different brand, and use in other stores works fine).
I check all the wiring voltage, current and connections. It all works fine.
I Google it online, some people said it may cause by led HarmonicDisturbance, anyone knows why and how to fixed it?

Appreciate it

Possibly answered your own question there? These LED replacement lamps for what used to be incandescent lamps are generally somewhat low quality to begin with across the available products, higher priced ones will usually be somewhat better designed than lower priced ones though.

GoldDigger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired PV System Designer
There might be a problem with closely fitting enclosures that do not allow proper cooling of the driver in the bulb base.
An incandescent bulb tolerates high base temperatures and radiates most of its heat through the front glass of the bulb.
Are the fixtures at the store in question different in design than those at the other sites?
From the photo, it looks like the cylinder around the bulb base in the track lights may be close fitting and not ventilated.

kylelee

There might be a problem with closely fitting enclosures that do not allow proper cooling of the driver in the bulb base.
An incandescent bulb tolerates high base temperatures and radiates most of its heat through the front glass of the bulb.
Are the fixtures at the store in question different in design than those at the other sites?
From the photo, it looks like the cylinder around the bulb base in the track lights may be close fitting and not ventilated.

However, I used the exactly same product ( including the track, heads and bulbs) in other stores. None of them happen this situation, only this store happen. Even replace another brand

kylelee

Are these all from the exact same batch that may have been made durring the supply shortages vs ones before that happened?

That’s one of my concern as well, however, every time I be there and check voltage are all good, and only happen to this kind of bulbs

Status
Not open for further replies.