Who's Who???

Status
Not open for further replies.

luke warmwater

OK, so a practicle jokester registered me when I wasn't looking. I don't like or need to be anonymous. I've never met most anyone on this Forum in person, but I like being able to communicate on a personal level that I thought the Old Forum had.

Todd Yetter
Wilmington, DE
skinskin@att.net
Electrician/Company Owner
I.T.S.1988

curt swartz

Electrical Contractor - San Jose, CA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
Re: Who's Who???

Todd, since you don't have many posts yet you can re-register as a new user with the name you want. I commented earlier that I didn't like that most of the members decided to change their user names from their real names to nicknames. I don't have a problem with nicknames, I even use them at other sites but we don't know who anyone is on this site anymore. At lease some people used the same nickname they use at other sites such as Bob (iwire) or they used thier first name but some of the names are really strange.

al hildenbrand

Occupation
Electrical Contractor, Electrical Consultant, Electrical Engineer

Todd,

Once I got here and found that my login name was locked, I realized that I wanted it different. What I did to fix this requires two email addresses. (I used one from a free service.)

I went to my profile, unsubscribed to everything in the newsletter section, then I changed my email address to my "other" email address. With that done, I re-registered using the login name that I really want and the email address that I want to use here.

I figure I'll send a note to the webmaster to remove my old listing if he wants to. . .but if he doesn't, I've set all those preferences to "no contact".

Apologies for repeating what I posted on another thread,. . .I think this will be helpful to spread around.

Al

luke warmwater

Curt, I couldn't figure out how to re-register at first and then realized I would have to log off first. :confused:
Al, I was thinking that I may need to get a Hotmail address or something, thanx for confirming it.
If it was a simple mouse click in the Profile area, i would do it. I think I'm going to leave it. Now it's become a joke.
I figure, I'll just sign my posts. Thanx, Todd.

charlie

I was lucky; no one had used Charlie before I got it. I did not like the format but it is growing on me (some things are easier to do now). I think it is a matter of time before we get to know one another and get used to the new system. Who knows, we may end up liking it better than the old one . . . maybe. :D Charlie Eldridge

If you edit your profile, you can include your e-mail address, old name, or whatever with your location. That would give everyone an idea about who you are.

[ February 24, 2003, 05:57 PM: Message edited by: charlie ]

roger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrician

Charlie, I agree. I'm likeing it more and more.

Roger

lady sparks lover

My name is Patricia and I'm Code Forum Abuser, but I'm been clean for 2 months now... :)

[ February 26, 2003, 03:40 PM: Message edited by: lady sparks lover ]

Status
Not open for further replies.