whirlpool connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

donniet

Can you install a floor recep in the dedicated access space around a whirlpool for the pump? If not, any suggestions as to where to install the recep so it will still be easy to access from the access panel?

tom baker

First Chief Moderator
Staff member
Re: whirlpool connection

A floor recept would have to be listed for that use. I know what you are trying to do, the space under the skirt is tight. I've only done one whirlpool in my house, I mounted a box on a 1x4 under the skirt. Lets see what others suggestions there are.

rcarroll

I used to install a GFCI recep. in a readily accessible location in the bathroom with the hydro tub. Then run the load side to the motor location. I would mount a box on a 2x4 with about a 3' romex tail so I could easily access the outlet if I needed to. I would place the outlet just inside the access hole. Now that I'm an inspector , if I can't check the tub outlet ,I can't pass the job. Hope this helps. Ron

jimwalker

An easy cure ,mount the recept in pvc bracket box,install with recept and cover then screw it to what ever is available. Why make an easy job hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.