where in the code

Status
Not open for further replies.

southernboys

hey guys just trying to find something in the code book. today I hokked up a 480/277/ 240/120 stepdown transformer. My question is about the process of screwing a lug to the 240 panel and the transformer we screwed these lugs to the outside bottom of the equipment we then ran 1/0 wire from the lug in the 480 panel to each of these lugs continuous. inside the transformer we bonded the secondary side neutral to the ground which I understood but the 1/0 has me thrown for a loop as I had never seen this before. where in art 250 is this required and what purpose would this practice serve thanks

marinesgt0411

Re: where in the code

are you doing this in order to bond the two panels to the transformer and what type of conduit are you using between the transformer and panels it makes no sense to me either

southernboys

Re: where in the code

marines we ran flex to the transformer from both panels however this has nothing to do with the 1/0 bare copper wire which is not in a conduit just ran from one panel thru a 1/2 hole to the lug on the tformer case then to the panels lug. any ideas guys thanks marine asked the other guy his answear was I always do it his background is industrial

Status
Not open for further replies.