where do i put gfi in m bath?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ronson

bath's in this old house have 2-slot receptacles built into light fixtures over mirrors. wall to right of vanity contains pocketdoor. can cut gfi into wall to left of vanity in guest bath but it won't be within 3 feet of sink as sec 210-52d requires. will be about 6' from edge of sink (very wide vanity). will this pass? in m bath, wall to left of vanity is back exterior wall of house & wall has a window taking up most of width of wall. wall to right of mirror is teed into on backside by pocketdoor of g bath. can i place gfi receptacle in m bath over mirror? could i use existing light fixture/receptacle but feed it off gfi in g bath? :confused:

Re: where do i put gfi in m bath?

sometimes I find it's better to be humble and ask the man who has to approve the location (inspector), where he wants me to put something (gfci, in this case), in a situation like this. I find that they are usually very helpful and don't mind telling me exactly how they want me to do something. I find its better than trying to figure out what he "might" accept and be wrong! I've even been able to do this a few times over the phone with no fee involved.

kurrent

Re: where do i put gfi in m bath?

If mirror is flat against wall over sink then a glass shop can cut an opening near bottom corner. Mirrored wall plates are available.

Status
Not open for further replies.