Where can I buy old used streetlights?

Status
Not open for further replies.

carg618

Occupation
College
Is there a way to purchase the old hps streetlights they take off for LED lamps? I know many of them probably get thrown out but there has to be a guy or a company that sells these things. I would like to attach these to trees in a driveway for light. I love HPS/LPS lighting. Any help would be appreciated

hillbilly1

Occupation
Owner/electrical contractor
Our Poco would sell them, but that was many years ago when they were mercury vapor. Don’t know if they still do. Check with your local Poco. Also check govdeals.com, a lot of municipalities sell on that auction site.

Hv&Lv

Occupation
Engineer/Technician
I have two pallets of them now ready for the scrap bin. Too bad your in NY.
As others have said, check with the POCO, or gov deals.

I like the HPS light also.
200w HPS is my favorite. I have 3 that are yard lights and two 400w HPS on switches for when I want extra light.

carg618

Occupation
College
Our Poco would sell them, but that was many years ago when they were mercury vapor. Don’t know if they still do. Check with your local Poco. Also check govdeals.com, a lot of municipalities sell on that auction site.
I will look into that site. Thank you very much

carg618

Occupation
College
I have two pallets of them now ready for the scrap bin. Too bad your in NY.
As others have said, check with the POCO, or gov deals.

I like the HPS light also.
200w HPS is my favorite. I have 3 that are yard lights and two 400w HPS on switches for when I want extra light.
If I was in NC, I would offer you for them :( I hate to see so many of them get scrapped. Of course you got your cheaper fixtures but I bet there is a nice vintage GE or Westinghouse. Amazing fixtures

Fred B

Occupation
Electrician
Up here many municipalities are changing out old street light for new LED ones. Check with you local municipality to see if they have any left from a change out or are planning one soon. Some times if you are a resident they'll give you one or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.