What is the best deal on 4 ft led

Sberry

Occupation
farmer electrician
We ordered some we tested and then found the super deal on. Our order went thru and everyone else must have been on this same bus, no more no way and they were a bargain. They were cord and plug with pull chain which I actually like even though we already have 25 or 30 switches. They were 7000 lumens and just over 15$. I dont know a lot about lights but,,, we hung some at 15 ft and they are impressive, put 2 and its outstanding compared to old flos.
I had 20 more coming and was getting excited and giggly like a schoolgirl and then they cancelled the order.
I ask my bud whats the difference between these and some special hi stuff and looks really simply like the diffuser???
Had the scaffold warmed up and hangers and clips ready. Was looking forward to getting rid of some old junk. 4 lamp stuff, ballasts, heavy, want it gone.
Even a 400 sodium is going to take a long nap.

Sberry

Occupation
farmer electrician
Something else I seemed to notice and it may require some pre emptive action but turning on some lights seems to keep the birds out. I have lights off a lot and swallows seem to head in to a darker barn,, just turned a couple lights on stands and left couple fixtures on and we will see if that is disruptive. Some light might be cheap bird control?

Sberry

Occupation
farmer electrician
Yes, just as soon plug in. We might need to settle for a bit less than the ones we had in mind. They were 7k lumens.we got some, very impressive. I will find a link when I get back to my office.

ramsy

Roger Ruhle dba NoFixNoPay
Occupation
Service Electrician 2020 NEC
Amazon.com products may have missing or fake NRTL labels. This is legal in some countries.

While the brand "hykolity" alias of FOSHAN has ETL listed products, this model# "‎SL120W5K-2V" is not among them.

Last edited:

Sberry

Occupation
farmer electrician
Does mounting height matter? I am going to pull the chain on the ones James listed in second link in the w packs. They are so much more than the 20 I designed for might need a few Less but can always use them.

Sberry

Occupation
farmer electrician
At some point I will get some new pics. I have a steel building with 20 ft bays. I have lite circuit run up each col and added extra switch wire. Instead of couplings used handi boxes and outlets

Sberry

Occupation
farmer electrician
I see some hi bay stuff, all needs to be wired in which is fine cept for I already have it wired and the moveability is so neat. I have a mix now. All old stuff I collected, I used a 400 sodium a long time over my fab bench and area, collected most 4 ft flos I could find at the time and even fixed some, my bud brought me 20 4 ft 4 lamps and the lamps have ran their life and tired of heavy buggers and old ballasts. All that and its still dark. We put in about 3 or 4 in that bay and its 2x already with 1/2 the fixtures and power. Maybe less. Same foir a couple other bays and we ran out of fixtures then they were back ordered and these may be even better. tractor lights.JPG

Flicker Index

Occupation
Lights
Have you done the air compressor and saw blade/rotating machinery test?

Air compressor test: manner in which the light blips/flickers when an air compressor starts on the same feeder or same circuit and magnitude of disturbance compared to old fixtures.

Saw blade test: strobing effect compared to F32T8 classic electronic ballast. The rotating interaction is more pronounced with some LEDs due to inferior output regulation in some LED ballasts.

Sberry

Occupation
farmer electrician
The new ones seem great. I was hoping someone couldnt wait to jump in with height of them, the secretary wants to pull the trigger and get me past it.
Way back in the day on an old terrible rickety service could see my comp flicker the lights but now never, its on the same service but not the same branch, different pipe, only way I know its on is some sound. I put 4 new ones on my welding bench about 20 ft from comp, so far perfect and then some.
The first one, the Smart Electrician one was the first batch we got some and they were great. Seems maybe the other ones would be even better which I got no problem with.

Sberry

Occupation
farmer electrician
I was wondering about the 120 degree light angle compared to the Smart ones I have? A bunch of these will be 14 ft? Probably noting better like this at that price.

James L

Occupation
Electrician
Does mounting height matter? I am going to pull the chain on the ones James listed in second link in the w packs. They are so much more than the 20 I designed for might need a few Less but can always use them.
Mounting height does matter. It depends how far apart they are, too

I put some in that were 8000 lm
I think they were ten feet high and about eight feet apart. That was in a cabinet shop and it lit them up really nice.

I put some of the same in an open warehouse and they were about fourteen feet off the floor and they were easily sixteen feet apart. It didn't turn out near as bright as that cabinet shop but it was much better than the 250w hps they replaced

Sberry

Occupation
farmer electrician
I bought. It seems to be a deal. I was waiting for the cc to roll in to the next month, free interest.
I like the idea of cord and plug, I am going to,,, and have thru a pull chain feature or 2 task light with overall light as easy as I was task lighting and might be able to semi gang some so as to reduce the number of switches. By the time I was done the other day had 14 switches on. I am going to feel a lot better leaving some lights running if I am actually getting some light.
I think that 8 ft in one of the pics is daylights but they are dingy at best. That might even be Slimline.

Sberry

Occupation
farmer electrician
James, hope the pics work. That was a deal, thanks for looking them up. My eyes were blurry from looking. Says my file is too large.