What is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GerryB

I've never seen one, but I'm sure many have. This was mounted in an old fuse box with the guts removed in a four family house. It said "dryer" on the outside. I expected to see splices and saw the breaker. Kind of funny because I didn't think about it until later and then I thought "how is that breaker doing anything? I thought it was a homeowner special and line and load were under the lugs together." Then when I went back the next day I saw it. Whoever installed it spent some time making small metal clips to mount it to the box. The electrical inspector, who is also an electrician, never saw one either. So I was curious about who has seen it, never seen it, what its called (the supply house guy told me what it was) etc. I hope the picture is here when I post now!

Attachments

• IMG_20150713_103147_739.jpg
    IMG_20150713_103147_739.jpg
    132.7 KB · Views: 1

templdl

I've never seen one, but I'm sure many have. This was mounted in an old fuse box with the guts removed in a four family house. It said "dryer" on the outside. I expected to see splices and saw the breaker. Kind of funny because I didn't think about it until later and then I thought "how is that breaker doing anything? I thought it was a homeowner special and line and load were under the lugs together." Then when I went back the next day I saw it. Whoever installed it spent some time making small metal clips to mount it to the box. The electrical inspector, who is also an electrician, never saw one either. So I was curious about who has seen it, never seen it, what its called (the supply house guy told me what it was) etc. I hope the picture is here when I post now!

There are 1" per pole breakers available with line asd load lugs instead of the more familiar plug ons. To actually be able to mount therm you must purchase a mounting kit.

GerryB

There are 1" per pole breakers available with line asd load lugs instead of the more familiar plug ons. To actually be able to mount therm you must purchase a mounting kit.
Yep, never seen one . You can see in the picture the home made tabs. Then supply house called it a "C" breaker or something to use on a din rail.

Status
Not open for further replies.