What cable use for cctv in warehouse

Status
Not open for further replies.

kwired

Electron manager
Good point about broken duct work I agree it should be intact as was design.
Thank you for making that clear for me.

How about warehouse area inwall vs plenum
Cable run would not be enclosed Inwall definitely not Riser. How about Plenum? Is not in ventilations but in the air people inhale.
Could you help me with this dilemma?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The only place you would use plenum is in a ceiling that is used for return air for heating, A/C or ventilation because the smoke from it, if it burns will be sucked in and blown all over the building through the HVAC system.

Exposed cable or cable run within a wall only needs to be CM. If it burns the smoke will be only in that area and when you think about every thing else that can burn in a room, that cable means nothing.

If you have a vertical run that extends between floors, that's what riser cable (CMR) is for. Riser cable minimizes the possibility of the flame traveling up it and spreading the fire to the space above.

CMR is usually not much more expensive than CM, so most of us will use CMR everywhere except where CMP is required.

-Hal
Only thing I have to add to this is I believe plenum is anything that intentionally has environmental air pushed/pulled through it. Could be supply side or return side. However it is more common to use building voids or unoccupied spaces for return than for the supply. Space above ceilings is a common place where you may run into this, but so is space between studs or ceiling/floor joists to an inlet sometimes, though the latter often can have non rated cables pass through if they only pass through the short dimension perpendicular to the air flow.

Tunnels sometimes are used for environmental air as well.

cabledawg

Occupation
cable dude
If its in fact a warehouse, cat 5e/cat6 riser is acceptable. If its a high noise environment(emi.efi, running equipment) then yes shielded may be in order. Just don't run parallel/with power. Keep your distance under 300 ft and you'll be good. Hope it helps :)

Malywr

If its in fact a warehouse, cat 5e/cat6 riser is acceptable. If its a high noise environment(emi.efi, running equipment) then yes shielded may be in order. Just don't run parallel/with power. Keep your distance under 300 ft and you'll be good. Hope it helps :)

Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.