Wedge Clamp for vertical conduit on a dam

Status
Not open for further replies.

tom baker

First Chief Moderator
Staff member
I have an application where I need to support 1/0 aluminum conductors in a 2" vertical rigid conduit. The conduit is about 125 feet long on the face of a dam. At the top I'll turn a 90 and terminate in a junction box. Section 300.19 requires a support for vertical raceways.
What mfg makes a "support" that is suitable for supporting the conductor?

Also, there will be a 2" vertical raceway for coax and communications cables next to the power raceway. What is the recommended product for this?

don_resqcapt19

Staff member
Occupation
retired electrician
Re: Wedge Clamp for vertical conduit on a dam

Tom,
Look at these wedge supports. I have also seen "kellum" grips used in a junction box to support cables. They make a type of grip that is "laced" onto the wire or cable so that intermediate supports can be installed.
Don

tom baker

First Chief Moderator
Staff member

Thanks. Its an application I've never done before. We have a contractor on site doing a siesmic retrofit & they also do electrical contracting, they will run the conduit for me.
For attaching sway braces to the face of the dam they are using 2" dia x 3 feet long expansion anchors that are epoxied in.

torint

Keep us informed on the outcome of this project... I really want to know how well these wedges hold up. That wire is going to have a lot of CONSTANT WEIGHT and pull. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.