waukesh 7044 gas engine for compression is rpm hunting issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoldDigger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired PV System Designer
If the engine has a low oil pressure or oil level switch that drives an ignition or fuel cutoff that might be opening intermittently, either because of actual low oil level or a faulty switch.

rambojoe

Occupation
Wireman
Check the mechanical governor...and as mentioned, if there is a intake leak, then the gov. could be just hunting...same thing if fuel delivery is suddenly rich- rpm will drop.

rambojoe

Occupation
Wireman
Oh my good god...thats not exactly your daddys wisconsin! You need to start at the beginning and send a fuel test to blackstone- or the supplier may take care of it..
That thing shouldnt have mystery issues...and why gas lordy?

Occupation
o&m supervisor
Check the mechanical governor...and as mentioned, if there is a intake leak, then the gov. could be just hunting...same thing if fuel delivery is suddenly rich- rpm will drop.
Hi, how the chance of intake leaks? This is happening a fraction of second and back to normal,if u said intake leak it should be a continuous hunting right?

hillbilly1

Occupation
Owner/electrical contractor
Ever thought about a new motor? LOL! Since it does it under load, I would have thought as others maybe a coil issue, but you have already thrown parts at that to no avail. If it was propane, I would say low fuel volume, but it’s gas, and you said the pressure is good on that. I’m out of ideas. It’s probably something simple that’s just being overlooked, but what?

hillbilly1

Occupation
Owner/electrical contractor
Is this coil packs over the spark plugs? Or does it have plug wires? If so, have the wires been replaced? Real easy to see at night if you have a bad plug or coil wire. I think you said it’s electronic ignition, So shouldn’t be points, does it have a distributor?

Beaches EE

Occupation
Electrical Engineer / Facilities Manager
I know it was asked, but has the load changed? It almost sounds like something is spiking and dragging the engine down.

Occupation
o&m supervisor
Is this coil packs over the spark plugs? Or does it have plug wires? If so, have the wires been replaced? Real easy to see at night if you have a bad plug or coil wire. I think you said it’s electronic ignition, So shouldn’t be points, does it have a distributor?
the spark plug,extension and the coil replaced.both bank have seperate carburator.

synchro

Occupation
EE
I believe there is a high idle / low idle digital control input to the ECU. Are you using this? If you are, perhaps there is a loose connection or other issue causing it to drop into the low idle mode intermittently.

Occupation
o&m supervisor
I believe there is a high idle / low idle digital control input to the ECU. Are you using this? If you are, perhaps there is a loose connection or other issue causing it to drop into the low idle mode intermittently.
yes we are using this. I will check that loop . but is that case the rpm should drops to the idle speed to 800rpm right? the rpm hunting from 1100 to 980.

Metallicbeing

Occupation
Electrician
Here's a shot in the dark. Check the Gain Setting on the Governor for the Hall Effect Sensor (Tachometer Sensing) near the flywheel. If it's not set right, the Governor will hunt RPM's.

Occupation
o&m supervisor
Hello All,
Finally we identified the problem after a long 10days troubleshooting. all the wiring and electronic components are fine, the problem was the front gear idler gear bearing was damage ,due to this engine time was changing intermittent during engine loading. replaced the bearing and now the engine is running perfect.This was the first experience in all of our team.
clip_image001.jpg

clip_image001.jpg

Attachments

• idler.jpg
    idler.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 14
Status
Not open for further replies.