water tank bonding jumper

Status
Not open for further replies.

jxofaltrds

Inspector Mike®
Occupation
ESI, PI, RBO
Then you have to assume the same for each stick of copper pipe in the water piping system, and bond around every coupling.

As a Licensed Plumbing Contractor (I did not renew my Plumbing Inspector Certification) I know what the purpose of the pipe(s) and fittings are.

To supply water. Fixtures (plumbing) are like "devices". Or do you think that devices are conductors?

George Stolz

Staff member
Occupation
Service Manager
As a Licensed Plumbing Contractor (I did not renew my Plumbing Inspector Certification) I know what the purpose of the pipe(s) and fittings are.

To supply water. Fixtures (plumbing) are like "devices". Or do you think that devices are conductors?

Depends. Are they conductive?

I can share with you some of my slides from 1st year apprentice classes if you need some help discerning a conductor from an insulator if necessary.

kwired

Electron manager
And there is the rub:

"Again he clearly emphasizes that if we can reasonably concluded that the hot
and cold water pipes are reliably bonded through mechanical
connection, then no other bond is needed."

We will never agree. And that is ok.

I will always contend that a fixture was not installed to meet:

Bonded (Bonding). Connected to establish electrical continuity
and conductivity.

Its only function is to supply water.

With that analogy devices do pass electrical continuity on through the device and to feed through conductors.

I don't know that I can agree with purpose of pipes and fixtures purpose is to supply water. On my own water system I believe the well pump is the item that supplies the water (and one can likely argue it doesn't actually supply water either), the pipes are just a method of conveying it, and the fixtures are an access port with a method of controlling release.

Status
Not open for further replies.