Wanted to say thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

toddski

Hey there. Just found this site.
Been doing alot of reading. Still have a bunch to go.

I wanted to say thanks to all you. I'm in the process of building my first home. I have been wiring for several weeks now and was real lost.
I just received my NEC2002 book and have been picking through it.
Hope to have my inspection sometime next week.

One problem i am having right now is with the building inspector.
Before he buys off on the framing and mechanical he wants all of the electrical boxes sealed.
I really don't want to seal anything till the electrical inspector buys off the wiring.

Again thanks for all your help.
Here is some pictures of the construction process.
http://community.webshots.com/user/supwidit

tshea

Re: Wanted to say thanks.

Normally the electric RI inspection is done before the framing inspection which eliminates your problem. Call the electrical inspector first. Building is last.

iwire

Staff member

Todd as tshea pointed out the rough building inspection is after the other trades get their rough inspection.

An example in this area is that you must have the electrical inspector in before insulation gets put in place so they can see the work.

For the building inspector the insulation must be in place, timing is everything.

jimwalker

All there trying to do is make sure none of the trades have caused structural problems like cutting barring walls or truses.Do the AC ,ELECTRIC,PLUMBING.Then call for framing.Will likely want fire caulking.Most states want insulation inspection and some want drywall inspection before you tape the seams and cover the screws.

[ February 25, 2004, 06:16 PM: Message edited by: jimwalker ]

Status
Not open for further replies.