Union Pacific Contactors

Status
Not open for further replies.

wankster

im not sure this question is specific to lighting, but, i couldn't really see where else this would fit. maybe there should be a parts and suppliers sub-forum.

My local electrical supplier has contactors by a company called Union Pacific. the sales rep has a hard time finding info on these things and google-fu is not helping me. the price is right, but i don't like the lack of support.

has anyone ever used these, or know of a place i can find information on them?:confused:

chris kennedy

Occupation
60 yr old tool twisting electrician
My local electrical supplier has contactors by a company called Union Pacific. the sales rep has a hard time finding info on these things

I find it hard to believe your supply house would stock something they can't supply cut-sheets on. Talk to their purchasing agent.

sparky=t

im not sure this question is specific to lighting, but, i couldn't really see where else this would fit. maybe there should be a parts and suppliers sub-forum.

My local electrical supplier has contactors by a company called Union Pacific. the sales rep has a hard time finding info on these things and google-fu is not helping me. the price is right, but i don't like the lack of support.

has anyone ever used these, or know of a place i can find information on them?:confused:

Are they based in Omaha Ne.? ;)

wankster

I find it hard to believe your supply house would stock something they can't supply cut-sheets on. Talk to their purchasing agent.

I also find that hard to believe. I'm not one of their large customers so sometimes i think they give me the run-around. i also think i'm talking to the wrong sales rep but the guy i really need to talk to is the shop manager so i try not to waste his time.

chris kennedy

Occupation
60 yr old tool twisting electrician
I also find that hard to believe. I'm not one of their large customers so sometimes i think they give me the run-around. i also think i'm talking to the wrong sales rep but the guy i really need to talk to is the shop manager so i try not to waste his time.

If you need the info, talk to that guy. Be polite and knowledgeable, bring him some home made peanut butter cookies. You may think your small time now but things are slow for most supply houses and you may find it very easy to develop relationships.

wankster

I got it figured out. The company is called Chint.

Why they put union pacific electric on their boxes, I have no idea.

Ended up going with seimens because they have such a hard time contacting their sales rep. I'd rather spend the extra $15 to get a brand with a decent reputation, anyhow.

Status
Not open for further replies.