Transition

Status
Not open for further replies.

guschash

I need to transition from dry wall to a block wall. What's the best way to do this and make this look good. There is no dry wall yet just the wood framing. My thought was to come out of a receptacle box , notch 2x4 at bottom 90 over to block wall 90 on to block wall. Leave space between 2x4 at bottom and my conduit so dry wall will fit.
Any thoughts on this or better idea?

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
Your method should work but wiremold may look better. If the block is hollow you can fish down from the ceiling. I have done this many times. You have to find the core that is hollow as some of the top blocks are poured- this also depends on the age of the home- harder to do on new homes.

guschash

Put my receptacle box in with mud and after dry wall is up mount wiremold box and around corner with wiremold . I like that will look better. Thanks. This is our old school building that we are making office space. The ceiling is inaccessible.
Thanks ,gus

Smart $

Esteemed Member
I can't quite tell with your descriptions how your walls are arranged with respect to each other. Is the stick-framed wall at a 90 to block wall?

Smart $

Esteemed Member
IIRC, wiremold has an EMT to channel transition fitting. I'd shepherd's hook a 90 on the end of the EMT and notch the 2x against the block wall so there's as little EMT visible as possible after drywall goes up... transition fitting... then wiremold channel and box surface mounted on the block wall.

Status
Not open for further replies.