Transformer Size

Status
Not open for further replies.

kedeka

Guys

I am asked to calculate the transformer size for the following loads.

1. 150Amp 1Phase 110V
2. 1000Amp 1 Phase 220V
3. 150Amp 3 Phase 380V
4. 300Amp 3 Phase 220V

Source is 380V 3Phase 4 Wire

Please show calc.

Thanks for your help.

sceepe

Did I miss something? Did this forum get renamed the home work help line?

Oh well what they heck, insomnia is a cruel mistris. First, I think you need more than one transformer. So your source is 380V, You ain't from round here are ya?.

I'll help you out with one of them to get you started and let the other guys in the forum answer the others (they get real jealous if you don't share). I'll start with #3, you need a 0 kva xfmr or a few pieces of wire to connect your load to your source.

hillbilly

sceepe said:
Did I miss something? Did this forum get renamed the home work help line?

Oh well what they heck, insomnia is a cruel mistris. First, I think you need more than one transformer. So your source is 380V, You ain't from round here are ya?.

I'll help you out with one of them to get you started and let the other guys in the forum answer the others (they get real jealous if you don't share). I'll start with #3, you need a 0 kva xfmr or a few pieces of wire to connect your load to your source.

That's right if you don't need a transformer, like if the source voltage is already 380V. I read the question as asking what size transformer is needed for the load. If that's the case it's 33KVA (if my math is right).
steve

Status
Not open for further replies.