The plug (it's a power supply for a wireless router) is too wide for the box cover

Max Headroom

Occupation
General Building Contractor/Electrical Contractor

Max Headroom

Occupation
General Building Contractor/Electrical Contractor
You said it was it a covered patio, who is telling you it is a wet location?
Just my interpretation of the code, I will send some photos if the guy hires me as that is an interesting conversation to have. The actual location of the existing receptacle outlet could be wet with a little wind but where the router is going to be mounted (which is where I would have probably tried to install the new outlet) is considerably more protected, definitely could pass for damp if install high enough . It's a framed column about 2ft X 2ft, one on each corner, finished with stucco. The whole column is probably hollow but I don't know that for sure. Now that I sourced a suitable box cover I plan to make it a 15 minute job with maybe a little Lexel and a screw driver. Thanks for your input Roger, I appreciate that.

Frank DuVal

Fredericksburg, VA 21 Hours from Winged Horses wi
Occupation
Electrical Contractor, Electrical Engineer
If the column is hollow I would just mount a new box up in the roof area where no cover would be required. Or maybe just flip cover without rims/dams around the receptacle to prevent large objects from being plugged in. Why "not required"? Because if something is plugged in all the time, why use a cover that can close?:unsure: