Tamper proof outlets in the hospitals

Status
Not open for further replies.

relbas

Does the code require installation of tamper proof outlets in the waiting areas in pediatrics or any other areas where kids are around.
Where is this requirement can be found?

kwired

Electron manager
517.18(c) does apply to these areas.
Not necessarily to a waiting room though.

2011 says "rooms, bathrooms, playrooms, activity rooms, and patient care
areas of designated pediatric locations"

A waiting room is usually a place for family to wait during surgery or other procedures where visitors are typically not permitted to be present during the procedure.

iwire

Staff member
A waiting room is usually a place for family to wait during surgery or other procedures where visitors are typically not permitted to be present during the procedure.

Did you really just explain to us what a waiting room is and what it's used for?

:lol::lol::lol:

kwired

Electron manager
Did you really just explain to us what a waiting room is and what it's used for?

:lol::lol::lol:
I guess I did, I was trying to say it is not ordinarily a pediatric care area.

A "waiting room" in a pediatric care wing or floor may or may not need TR receptacles, just like a surgery room in same wing or floor probably doesn't either.

relbas

I guess I did, I was trying to say it is not ordinarily a pediatric care area.

A "waiting room" in a pediatric care wing or floor may or may not need TR receptacles, just like a surgery room in same wing or floor probably doesn't either.

A parent goes for an Xray he is in the waiting room in Radiology department with his/her kids . Does this waiting room required to be a TP outlet?
And it it does under which article?

user 100

A parent goes for an Xray he is in the waiting room in Radiology department with his/her kids . Does this waiting room required to be a TP outlet?
And it it does under which article?

Another thing is that a lot of pediatric waiting rooms are full of kids waiting to be seen and there is usually that little table or box of toys to be played with, so it might qualify as an activity space also thus invoking 517.18.

iwire

Staff member
Another thing is that a lot of pediatric waiting rooms are full of kids waiting to be seen and there is usually that little table or box of toys to be played with, so it might qualify as an activity space also thus invoking 517.18.

I agree

And think that worrying about a few extra TRs is not worth the time. Just put them in.

Status
Not open for further replies.