Table 310-16

Status
Not open for further replies.

buck

Have often heard that figuring wire size from table 310-16 is based on 60 dgree column for wire size #1cu and below.I can't seem to find a reference to this,any help? Thanks in advance

bob

Re: Table 310-16

Buck read that entire section Ron has listed. If the terminals are rated foir 75 degrees you can use the 75 degree col for any conductor.

iwire

Staff member

Originally posted by bob:
If the terminals are rated for 75 degrees you can use the 75 degree col for any conductor.
Any conductor rated at least 75 C.

Not NM (334.80), UF, TW etc.

However when adjusting ampacity (derating) for temp or number of conductors you can use the 90 C column. ;)

ccha9219

A a rule use the 75 degree chart. There is no such thing a a 90 degree rated lug, (Or at least not that I have seen)As iwire said execpt for derating.

buck

Thanks guys,appreciate the response.I must've been thinking of NM but that was cleared up by your responses.
Thanks again

rb

Be careful Buck. The entire assembly must have 75 degree terminals. The circuit breaker and panelboard may be rated for 75 degrees but the receptacle or utilization equipment may have 60 degree terminals. Whichever is lowest will prevail.

Status
Not open for further replies.