Suggestions for Exam preparation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leos98

Hi!!
I'm a newbee to this forum but so far I like it a whole lot.
I just graduated with a degree in EE and been working as an electrician for a long time. I want to take my test so I can have own company and I was wondering if anybody can give a clue on a course that will help me with this test.
I in the NYC area!! I'll Appretiate any help!!

Leos98

dillon3c

Re: Suggestions for Exam preparation

Welcome to forum Leos98..

First of all,let me say if your going for your Masters License in New York City,my hat is of to you sir.

I'm not sure but, right off the top of my head,can't remember any other place that requires the EE degree to sit for this test.

I'm also very interested,in what your about to undertake..And exactly what the context of this test could be in NYC..

edited: for typo

[ September 03, 2005, 11:58 AM: Message edited by: dillon3c ]

Leos98

Perhaps I explained my self wrong. I'm in the NYC area but not going to take the test for a NYC license. Actually i'll take it in westchester county. The NYC area is to make reference in case of somebody knowing anything in the area that can help me with the courses i'm looking for.
Sorry for the wrong info!!

Leos98

pierre

Leos
I teach a test prep class for the Westchester County license. The class for the next test cycle starts Thursday September 8th, which is only a few days away.
If you are interested, and are willing to work real hard for the next several weeks, PM me and I will send you an application.
To be fair, Boces also has a test prep class (and it is less expensive) that starts soon. I pride myself in a very high success rate in passing the test, and in the knowledge the guys get from this class.

luckyshadow

"To be fair, Boces also has a test prep class (and it is less expensive) that starts soon. I pride myself in a very high success rate in passing the test, and in the knowledge the guys get from this class. "

Pierre you are a true Gentleman. My hat is off to you Sir.

[ September 04, 2005, 08:02 AM: Message edited by: luckyshadow ]

bphgravity

I wish I had Pierre as an instructor for several weeks before taking some of the tests I have sat for. As a matter of fact, I could still use several weeks of instruction from Pierre! :eek:

pierre

I just saw this thread and developed an instant problem - the doorway to get out of my office is too small for my swollen head :D

I really appreciate the very nice comments, but you all can take the credit, as you have been the ones to help me become better at what I do. Everyone of you are excellent yourselves as is evident from the posts that you make here.

Leos98

Hello Piere!!
I'm very interested in your offer as long as I can afford you.
Are the classes that you teach in any location in special or over the net? are they private classes or I have to enroll in a course?
please e-mail me because I'm very interested.

Thank you Leos98!! :)

(email address removed please use PM feature)

[ September 04, 2005, 10:00 PM: Message edited by: bill addiss ]

ryan_618

I would also suggest taking a class from Pierre. He and I have spoke several times, and the only thing that exceeds his knowledge of the code is his fine character. :)

patric

Originally posted by ryan_618:
I would also suggest taking a class from Pierre. He and I have spoke several times, and the only thing that exceeds his knowledge of the code is his fine character. :)
I too have heard that Pierre is THE MAN. A friend of mine passed on the first shot , and said Pierre is always available to help even after the class

A1cbr

Hello!
I am also new at this. I am planning on testing in Nov. in Atlanta Ga. Any advice as I prepare for the exam would be greatly appreciated.

hardworkingstiff

I recently took my marine and building contractors exams and the prep class I took had the suggestions that you go through and answer all questions you know the answer to. If you don't know the answer, write down the question number and a brief description of the question. When you finished the exam, go back and find the answers you don't know. This helps because you can lump motor questions together, feeder questions together, etc.

You will be amazed as to how many answers you will find to other questions as you are looking up answers to the question you are working on. If you have notes telling you where that questions is... !

Status
Not open for further replies.