Street light glass

Status
Not open for further replies.

xjfam

I have a job that consists of 3 street lights with 100 watt m.h. bulbs. Some kids have shot out the glass with b.b. guns. I am looking for some sort of replacement that is shatter proof. I got a price on lexan but am concerned that it will yellow with the heat of the bulb. Any ideas?

mcclary's electrical

I have a job that consists of 3 street lights with 100 watt m.h. bulbs. Some kids have shot out the glass with b.b. guns. I am looking for some sort of replacement that is shatter proof. I got a price on lexan but am concerned that it will yellow with the heat of the bulb. Any ideas?

I would just call a glass shop and see if they offer some good glass that is tempered? just guessing.

RichB

Occupation
Electrician/Electrical Inspector
we had a similar situation and just replaced the glass with Lexan--these were 75W HPS lamps. Worked great and the Lexan didn't yellow.

mcclary's electrical

we had a similar situation and just replaced the glass with Lexan--these were 75W HPS lamps. Worked great and the Lexan didn't yellow.

Not to doubt you, but it really seems that lexan would still crack if they shot it when it's cold. I've cracked plenty just drilling holes in it too close to the edge

Cavie

You might be changing the photometrics with lense changes. Check with the local specs for the street lighting.

Status
Not open for further replies.