sirvice entrance cable

Status
Not open for further replies.

gogod

hey i need a little help. a friend asked me what size of wire he should use for his service entrance cable. he has a small two bed room house. we have 15 circuits all together and we have a 100a panel box. the way it is set up is the meter can is in the alley, and there is a pole in the back yard about 5' from the house. so all he needs is the wire from the panel box to the connections by the weather head. also do they make a romex style of service entrance cable. the best place to mont the wether head is on the outer wall of the back pourch but the pannel box is located on the wall across from room. so i guess my question would be is can i run wire down from the mast with a lb using a chase nipple in to the wall and then run it back up the wall through the rafters. and then down into the panel box. we would need about 25' to 30' of wire. hey thanks for taking your time and reading my message. if you have any better ideas or need any other info. let me know. thanks Daniel

charlie

Re: sirvice entrance cable

Daniel, you are an electrical student and should not be doing any work without working with a journeyman. This question is easily answered but there is no way you should be trying to help a friend until you have progressed further in your studies. A Romex style SE cable doesn't exist. Also, it is a violation of 230.70(A) to route your cable the way you intend to do it.

Please, tell your friend to go to a licensed electrician for this work instead of violating the Code and ending up with a dangerous situation. :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.