Service Conductors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's the scenario: A class 320 meter socket fed with parallel 350MCM AL is installed on a residence. From the meter socket 6 feet of 4/0 SEU AL to a 200 Amp Main breaker panel, again from the meter socket 8 feet of 2/3 SEU AL to a 100 Amp Main breaker panel, and again from the meter socket 13 feet of 2/3 SEU AL to a double pole double throw center off non-fusible switch.
From double throw switch, a 2 foot run to a 100 Amp Main breaker panel. All switches and panels are grouped in a single location.

Anyone have an opinion? Anyone see a problem?

luke warmwater

Re: Service Conductors

Originally posted by inspectorparker:

Anyone see a problem?
Not with the limited information provided.

But there could be issues with the grounding and bonding, etc...
And what will be connected to the DPDT switch?

dnbob

The maximum unfused power I have seen entering into a residence is 4-6' of conductor. I am not sure if your runs are mostly on the outside of the building, but the 8 & 13' runs I would not consider as close as practicle to entering the residence, just my opinion.

bphgravity

Originally posted by dnbob:
...I would not consider as close as practicle to entering the residence...
I believe the actual wording is, "nearest the point of entrance". In either case, I don't believe the terms "practical" or "near" are enforceable terms. :)

caj1962

DPDT switch feeding a panel from the meter and also being fed from a generator?

If all of the equipment is on the outside of the residence then there should be no problem distances.
One other thought are there enough lugs in this meter base for all of these conductors?

Status
Not open for further replies.