securing liquidtight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Art 350.30b states that lfmc must be supported every 4.5ft. I have vertical drops of 1" lfmc containing data wiring that are over 20ft from ceiling to the top of the equipment and terminates 6ft above the workroom floor on the equipment. Do I need to secure these drops every 4.5ft? I do not see an exception for vertical drops,or data cables,and the lfmc is exposed along its entire length.

G

Re: securing liquidtight

Typically you need you to securely fasten LFMC within 12 inches of each box, cabinet, conduit body, or other conduit termination. It must also be supported and secured at intervals not greater than 4-1/2 feet.

There are some exceptions for fixture whips, taps, fishing, or where flexibility is necessary. If you qualify for exceptions you may be able to omit fasteners 3' or 6' from the device depending on the device and the circumstances.

The 2005 NEC is going to tighten up the definition of fixture whips.

That's the nickel tour. If you need a more exact answer, please post back with a complete description of your particular situation, or post back with some photos. A picture says 1000 words.

Status
Not open for further replies.