Robbers Cave LEDs

NE (9.06 miles @5.9 Degrees from Winged Horses)
Occupation
EC - retired
This is a B question. IDK the answer.
Tour guide showed us a video he made of the LED lights in Robbers Cave. It has happened only once and the responding electricians found no answer. He was in the cave by himself and videoed it because he knew no one would believe him. IDK how long it took before he started to record.

The lights in question are what I would call a Temp set with LED lamps screwed into them. Good condition with no shortcuts from what I can tell. I would say permitted and inspected. I do not know how many switches he used to turn them on.

The video shows the LEDs shutting down one lamp at a time down the string then reversing order, back on, then a repeat. They eventually went out with one lamp in another close tunnel turning on and staying on. A red exit light at the end of the string was visible.

I can almost envision the lamps shutting down in a delayed fashion but not coming back On.
Any thoughts besides Gremlins?

letgomywago

Occupation
residential electrician
This is a B question. IDK the answer.
Tour guide showed us a video he made of the LED lights in Robbers Cave. It has happened only once and the responding electricians found no answer. He was in the cave by himself and videoed it because he knew no one would believe him. IDK how long it took before he started to record.

The lights in question are what I would call a Temp set with LED lamps screwed into them. Good condition with no shortcuts from what I can tell. I would say permitted and inspected. I do not know how many switches he used to turn them on.

The video shows the LEDs shutting down one lamp at a time down the string then reversing order, back on, then a repeat. They eventually went out with one lamp in another close tunnel turning on and staying on. A red exit light at the end of the string was visible.

I can almost envision the lamps shutting down in a delayed fashion but not coming back On.
Any thoughts besides Gremlins?
Thermal cut offs inside the bulb hitting just right? Are they "Smart" bulbs that could be just one of the settings they have.