RGS Cut & Thread

Alwayslearningelec

Occupation
Estimator
When I have a job with a lot of small RGS branch I always find it almost impossible to determine how many "cuts and threads" I will need?
I understand the places where it's needed? Terminating at a box, fitting, elbow etc. with less than a full stick etc.

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
How about a 3-D stick drawing, something like a plumbing diagram?

Not necessarily to scale, but you can make a cuts and threads count.

1698582165415.jpeg

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
When I have a job with a lot of small RGS branch I always find it almost impossible to determine how many "cuts and threads" I will need?
I understand the places where it's needed? Terminating at a box, fitting, elbow etc. with less than a full stick etc.
Interesting question. I just assumed that somehow cutting and threading was just part of the estimate for total length of the RMC. There are so many variables I don't see how this could be accurately estimated.

Alwayslearningelec

Occupation
Estimator
Interesting question. I just assumed that somehow cutting and threading was just part of the estimate for total length of the RMC. There are so many variables I don't see how this could be accurately estimated.
Exactly my point too many variables. Many times we'll just use a cut and thread for everytime the RGS hits a box/enclosure, fitting, prefab elbow etc. but many times you'll have those items at the beginning or end of a full length so a cut and thread is not needed. SO that's over kill. I usually account for 1/2 the amount of times that happens to us a cut and thread.