RFID Reader to ControlLogix over Ethernet/IP......any takers????

Status
Not open for further replies.

dpslusser

Hey guys,

Chiming in to see if anyone has any advice or experience with industrial RFID readers connected (via Ethernet/IP) to a ControlLogix PLC. Currently we are using SICK barcode scanners connected to ASCII Point-IO cards. Unfortunately the barcodes are well liked for this application. We are thinking about switching to SICK rfid's on the next job (about 3 months from now). I will be making some phone calls to the manufacture in regards to the application, but would rather find some guys whos used SICK RFID readers.

Jraef

Moderator, OTD
Staff member
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Hey guys,

Chiming in to see if anyone has any advice or experience with industrial RFID readers connected (via Ethernet/IP) to a ControlLogix PLC. Currently we are using SICK barcode scanners connected to ASCII Point-IO cards. Unfortunately the barcodes are well liked for this application. We are thinking about switching to SICK rfid's on the next job (about 3 months from now). I will be making some phone calls to the manufacture in regards to the application, but would rather find some guys whos used SICK RFID readers.
I just saw some at an event in Phoenix called Rockwell Automation On The Move where they have their partners exhibit products that tie in to their systems. They have another one this week in Sacramento, I'll get the name of that supplier and post it Wednesday or Thursday.

Status
Not open for further replies.