Resume creditability

Occupation
Owner/Electrician
I'm looking for advice on my resume to a very reputable electrical contractor in Florida as I'm building my resume I was just curious could I put I've studied under Mike Holt when I have purchased and used the study and material from basic theory, all the way my masters. Would it be okay to say I Trained under him as my education and training. Fact is when I was in F.E.A.T (Florida ELECTRICAL Apprentice TRAINING) I can't remember the acronym. Did not come close to making a very well educated electrician compared to my studies for 6 months under Mike Holt from top to bottom basic theory to Masters license? Opinions electrical brotherhood?

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
Welcome to the forum.

I think it would be fair to say you've studied his materiel.

To say you studied under him suggests in-person training.

Occupation
Owner/Electrician
Welcome to the forum.

Welcome to the forum.

LarryFine, thank u for response I did not look in that perspective of being understudy of him in person. I mean he was sitting in my living room (via DVD and literature) for a good hard six months dinner, a beer, and studying couple hours an night. 4-5 days a week. Just Being able to pass his tests in his books made me a better electrician. And state exam felt like bread butter to his exams. Thank you sir. I'll go ahead and just list state certification and forth.

charlie b

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Engineer
I have been a moderator on this (i.e., his) forum for 20+ years, have attended three of his seminars, and had diner with him twice. I would not put any of that on a resume. I never felt that "name-- dropping" gave a favorable impression.

__dan

Banned
A professional resume writer really makes a difference. Should be a small fee. I've seen a few done by pros and they really pop. Even the ones I know better, both good and bad, they all pop.

I apply to many jobs and one of the girls, a contract recruiter, sent mine back rewritten without my asking, and her organization is what i've used since. I called her back and thanked her. I owe her a gift card. She knocked it out in minutes.

If you're just starting out and it's a open shop shop, afaik, they're all just looking for warm bodies, especially now there's a warm body shortage. So your timing is good, timing weighing more than the resume. It's a seller's market. You will know pretty quick when you find out the one year turnover rate.

letgomywago

Occupation
residential electrician
A professional resume writer really makes a difference. Should be a small fee. I've seen a few done by pros and they really pop. Even the ones I know better, both good and bad, they all pop.

I apply to many jobs and one of the girls, a contract recruiter, sent mine back rewritten without my asking, and her organization is what i've used since. I called her back and thanked her. I owe her a gift card. She knocked it out in minutes.

If you're just starting out and it's a open shop shop, afaik, they're all just looking for warm bodies, especially now there's a warm body shortage. So your timing is good, timing weighing more than the resume. It's a seller's market. You will know pretty quick when you find out the one year turnover rate.
Any place I've worked my resume never got any more than a quick glance they wanted to see I had a license and driver's license and see my work after the fact.