Restaurant Calculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

susan cappiello

Could some one provide me with some info on figuring a load calculation for a Service for a small gas/electric restaurant. The building was previously a gentlemens club, but now it's being converted to a Catering Fac. They have some new equipment to be installed- Hot water Booster (208v / 3 phase 48 amps), and a dishwasher (120v single phase 16 amps). I would like to summit with the Electrical Permit a Service Calulation to expedite the release of the permit There is presently a 200amp - 3 Phase 120/ 208 volt service to the building.

If you know a calculation with some details, or if you know a ideal book that I could purchase, Please advice.

Thanks, Sue C

roger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Susan, try your hand at figuring it from 220.88

Roger

bob

Susan
The NEC won't be much help with a commercial load. You have to use
a 100% load for A/C, Lts, cooking equipment and water heating. The booster you mention probably will not be a continuous load. What else do you have?

roger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrician
bob said:
Susan
The NEC won't be much help with a commercial load.

And why is that Bob?

After the specific loads and General lighting load is known the rules of 220 would be used unless Susan might be allowed to use some engineering exception, so yes, the NEC would be a big help.

Having a PE seal might be more of a help wouldn't it? :D

Roger

haskindm

This is a simple article 220 calculation. I don't know why so many people want to avoid performing these calculations. Sit down and do the math, there is no alternative and there are no shortcuts. This type of calculation is required in all areas that have testing for a master's license, so it should not be "new" to anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.