Relative size and Arc Flash Hazards of 50 Hz versus 60 Hz transformers at same KVA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sahib

Suit yourself.

Understanding quantities is key. For example, we all know your relative mass increases with velocity: that is the principle. Without the quantity, you may not realize it is not significant until you get really fast.

How fast? Moving from zero to 95 million mph gives a relative mass increase of about 1%. So now you think the principle is millions of mph faster is relatively a small impact.

But not so fast, pardon the pun. When your velocity makes your relativistic mass 1 million times your rest mass, an increase of 1 foot per hour in velocity increases your relativistic mass 52%.
You are fond of relativity theory rather than transformer theory.
I already have but that teaches you little. I have a suspicion you learn better when the information comes from within.
Perhaps Meyers Briggs personality test may help.

mivey

You are fond of relativity theory rather than transformer theory.
I was at the moment because that was what I was reading. I made the transformer calcs a while back and moved on to something else I found interesting. I have many interests and they peak and wane like many things depending on my mood, what I am doing, etc.

Perhaps Meyers Briggs personality test may help.
It may help you or it may not. You have to be willing to learn from the results.

I often see you not being real receptive to resources that could help you. Thus my suggestion that you make the effort yourself since you should accept your own counsel.

Status
Not open for further replies.