Reinstalling a remote Temporary Service Panel for RV.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Neutral bonding with Ground and Grounding Electrode question.

At the edge of the property, the utility pole with the transformer has a Service Equipment Panel: Meter and 100 amp 2 pole breaker (240v) and also 30 amp 2 pole Breaker (240v). The 30 amps currently feeds the pump house, the 100 amp once fed the original mobile home that has been removed. The wiring conduit from the old mobile emerges about 100 feet from utility pole with the service equipment.

I will be installing RV power at the remote location on a wood post, or metal pedestal. Given that this is a separate structure, I see NEC 250.32(A) requiring the Grounding Electrode, but the 240v is a single circuit and could be an exception.

Question 1: Is there anything in the NEC that would disallow a grounding electrode at the remote Temporary Service for the RV. (show in attached diagram)
Question 2: Are the Neutral bonding to Ground show correctly.

Attachments

• RV Temporary Service Panel.jpg
    RV Temporary Service Panel.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 1

augie47

Staff member
Occupation
State Electrical Inspector (Retired)
[FONT=&quot]I am closing this thread, in accordance with the Forum rules. This Forum is intended to assist professional electricians, inspectors, engineers, and other members of the electrical industry in the performance of their job-related tasks. However, if you are not an electrician or an electrical contractor, then we are not permitted to help you perform your own electrical installation work.

If I have misjudged the situation, if for example this project is related to your work, then send me a Private Message. If you can show me that I am wrong, and that you are a licensed electrician (or at least a licensed apprentice), then I will reopen your post, and offer an apology for the delay and inconvenience.

A reminder to all members, if you see a questionable post, feel free to report it by clicking the
report.gif
button at the top right corner of the post.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

Status
Not open for further replies.