Rab Tsled stairwell lights

Status
Not open for further replies.

jraymond

Occupation
Electrician
I just installed 5 of these rab stairwell lights and they are flickering. But it’s not a flicker, it’s more like the lights blink twice, pause, and then blink again. And it does that over and over. Has anyone had this problem before? Anything will help, thanks!

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
Well, they have now, and that doesn't let them off the hook.

Do they blink in unison, or each to the sound of their own drum?

If together, it's the source; if independently, it's the lights.

Amps

Electrical Contractor
Occupation
Electrical, Security, Networks and Everything Else.
From RAB for the TSLED4-36N/D10/US/BL: " Detects the presence of people by sending ultrasonic sound waves and measuring frequency changes caused by movement. They cover the entire space and don't need a line of sight. As a result, they can detect people behind obstacles and are ideal for stairwells in which a line sight is not always possible, and higher levels of sensitivity are required."
Perhaps a wireless system or some type of equipment is interfering with them? Is there a way to turn down their sensitivity?

jraymond

Occupation
Electrician
Weirdest thing. I came back today and they stopped blinking. No idea what the heck it was but they work now. I will keep my eye on them. Thank you for your help.

Amps

Electrical Contractor
Occupation
Electrical, Security, Networks and Everything Else.
That's good. Now it really seems like something was interfering with them. Hopefully it will not happen again!

hbiss

EC, Westchester, New York NEC: 2014
Occupation
EC
This stuff gets smarter and smarter. Maybe they had to "learn" the environment before they could operate properly. The 2 blinks then 1 blink sounds like a code for something. Funny how RAB had no idea!

-Hal

AC\DC

Occupation
EC
This stuff gets smarter and smarter. Maybe they had to "learn" the environment before they could operate properly. The 2 blinks then 1 blink sounds like a code for something. Funny how RAB had no idea!

-Hal
Properly connected to WiFi so China can spy on you! Beeping was delay from the crappy CCP network.

hillbilly1

Occupation
Owner/electrical contractor
Properly connected to WiFi so China can spy on you! Beeping was delay from the crappy CCP network.
Retailers are already spying on us, the new LED fixtures with Bluetooth, monitor how long you stand in one spot, and relay it back to the controller. It doesn’t know exactly who you are, but follows you through the store to see what product area you’re interested in. But then again, their app may identify you, and send ads. (Big Orange calls it “Store Mode”)

AC\DC

Occupation
EC
I was kidding but at the Same time not really.

I never consented to being tracked. Probably going to see in your receipt a diclamer that you wave all right to be track by walking into store. So creepy.

Status
Not open for further replies.