Query on wiring aircraft hangers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dbehounek

I am currently wiring a building with 12 aircraft hangers. The electrician who started the project left the company. This will be my first hanger to wire and I have a question on the underground. To start, there is a 600A service fedding a bank of meters(13). All the feeds to the individual hangers/tenent spaces are in sch 40 pvc underground. They come up into the hangers and will terminate in MLO panels. My question concern is art. 513.8 since the conduits will need to be extended to reach the panels and the lowest coupling could be as low as 18 in. above the floor. The aircraft being stored in these hangers will be fueled and could be serviced there. Do I need some sort of seal off at these locations? And any other advice concerning the piping and wiring of aircraft hangers would be appreciated:)

rbalex

Staff member
Occupation
Professional Electrical Engineer
dbehounek said:
...Do I need some sort of seal off at these locations? And any other advice concerning the piping and wiring of aircraft hangers would be appreciated
Under 513.8, if a raceway runs beneath a classified location and rises out of the floor to an unclassified location, there must a boundary seal in accordance with 501.15.

There are some other fairly comprehensive wiring method requirements beyond Chapter 3 and Article 501 that must be addressed in 513.4 and 513.7. If you read them carefully they are not too difficult to understand. Post again if you need specific assistance.

Status
Not open for further replies.