PVC to LFNC

Status
Not open for further replies.

don_resqcapt19

Staff member
Occupation
retired electrician
...How about a PVC female adapter and a LFNC connector?
That will work just fine. Connections like that are made every day without problems, but UL says connectors are only listed to be used with a lock nut. They are not listed to be screwed in a fitting with female thread.

I can't remember the last time I used a LFMC connector with a lock nut.

That will work just fine. Connections like that are made every day without problems, but UL says connectors are only listed to be used with a lock nut. They are not listed to be screwed in a fitting with female thread.

I can't remember the last time I used a LFMC connector with a lock nut.

That was the part that was "throwing" me -- screwing an LFNC into a PVC female TA seemed "hack" to me.
That said, I've done it with rigid plenty of times (screwing a flex squeeze connector into a TA), and the inspectors never balked it it (to date).

iwire

Staff member
How about a PVC female adapter and a LFNC connector?

That is not exactly what UL says. Last time I looked they simply say they have not tested or investigated that product for that use and it is up to the AHJ to determine if the use creates an issue.

In my area I have never seen anyone get shot down for this.

Status
Not open for further replies.