PVC pipe for water in house

Status
Not open for further replies.

james wuebker

Farmer has PVC pipe all the way to his house. When it comes through the cement floor in his base (about 3' in) it changes to copper for about 30'. He then has flexible plastic water line to all of his fixtures.(sinks,tubs and what ever needs water). He has a 200 amp panel in the basement with 2 ground rods on the outside of his house. He also has a 80 amp sub panel (4 wire run) on the other end of his basement for his small circuits. Do I need to run a grounding wire to the 30' section of his copper pipe? If so do I need to run it to both panels?

james wuebker

Re: PVC pipe for water in house

jimwalker

One thing I also forgot to mention is that the 200 amp panel in the house is actually a sub panel. Four wires going to it also. Farmer has main disconnects out about 150 ' away from his house along with another main that feeds a big Morton building. These 2 disconnects are with the meter.

George Stolz

Staff member
Occupation
Service Manager

Originally posted by benaround:
I thought it had to be 'likley to become energized ' in order to require bonding?

frank
See 250.104. You'll find what you're thinking in the "gas line" neighborhood. ;)

jimwalker

Then simply bond it to that sub panel.As to likelyhood of being energized,i would not even fight that idea.Bonding it is not that costly and saves your a$$

Status
Not open for further replies.