PV farm on a landfill?

Status
Not open for further replies.
How can I tell if an inactive landfill is considered a hazardous location? Have the chance to install a solar farm on an old landfill. Have already been instructed that I cannot penetrate the ground so I suspect that there might be other restrictions. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

69gp

How can I tell if an inactive landfill is considered a hazardous location? Have the chance to install a solar farm on an old landfill. Have already been instructed that I cannot penetrate the ground so I suspect that there might be other restrictions. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

First of all the owner of the landfill should have the documentation of the landfill closure. This would include a ton of information about if it is lined, what type of cap is now on the landfill, what type of landfill it was, what was disposed of in there, when it was closed, was there or is there a methane recovery system, who now manages the site. You may be required to hire an environmental engineering firm to work with you during construction. Its not just throw some ballast blocks on the top and then the array.

Status
Not open for further replies.