Pull Cord's

Status
Not open for further replies.

jehegarty

Greetings,

First time poster and new to home improvements here. I am on a limited budget but I wanted to 'update' some of the light fixtures in my home. I have an older home, built in the 1920's, and in all of the rooms I have light fixtures that are mounted to the exterior of the wall's and ceiling's and they are controlled by pull cords (not light switches) built into the fixture. I have one from my ceiling that is broken and I would like to replace it with a new updated light fixture, but with the limited budget I still need the fixture to be operated with a pull cord.

So my question is, do they make\sell a 'converter' with a pull string that would basically be installed between the house wiring and the new light fixture so I could use a new fixture with a pull cord until I have the funds to start a total rewiring of the home.

Any info or idea's would be welcome.

Thanks
Jim

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
I'm closing this thread in accordance with Forum rules.

[h=2]Forum Rules[/h] This site is designed for:

• Contractors
  • Electricians
  • Engineers
  • Inspectors
  • Instructors
  • Other electrically related individuals
  • This NEC? Forum is for those in the electrical and related industries.
Questions posted that appear to be an attempt to gain assistance with an electrical installation will be removed. Forum rules prohibit us from assisting a person to perform or assist others to do electrical work who are not qualified. Mike Holt Enterprises and the Moderators of this Forum do not wish to place you and your family in danger, by allowing others to give you too little information to ensure that the installation is safe

Status
Not open for further replies.