Preparing for the Apprentice Exam . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

janutolo

Hello to all,

I'm getting ready to take the apprentice for the first time in about a month. What could I do to prepare . . . are there any apprentice exam books I could buy that are good? The test is on the first four chapt of the 2002 NEC.

Thx,

Jon

friebel

Re: Preparing for the Apprentice Exam . . .

To:janutolo, you have said that the exam is on the first four chapters of the NEC, and you would like to know what books that you should purchase to study for the exam.
The first book that you should have is the NEC. The 2002 or 2005 version.
Next, I would highly recommend the following books of Mike Holts.
No.1 Understanding the NEC Volume 1
No.2 Understanding the NEC Volume 1 -Workbook
Also, give Sarina Snow a call, she is Mike's Office Manager, and she would help you out with the best books, and she could expedite your order.
Sarina's phone number is: 1-877-632-2633.
If you happened to live close to me, I am an instructor, and I have all of these books that I use for teaching, and I would be glad to tutor you for no charge. I am going to send you a private message, and give you my address and my phone number.

ken987

get the exam prep book by Mike Holt has over 3000 questions and answers, also most of what's in his other books will be in the exam prep book.

janutolo

I live in WVa . . . So I'm taking it there at the capital Charleston, WV.

I appreciate the offer Bob . . . but N.J. is pretty far hehe.

I'll be sending you an email

Thanks for the help guys

later

jon

petersonra

Occupation
engineer

Originally posted by georgestolz:
Where do you have to take a test to be an apprentice?
In the UAW, pwople who want to go off the line into a trade take the apprentice test. if there are XX slots, the top XX scorers on the test get the slots. The highest scorer gets his/her chocie of which program to go into, and then the next highest scorer. If they get to you and the slot you want is no longer available you would have to wait for the next apprentice test to become an apprentice.

Electrician is generally considered the best trade, at least thats what the UAW electricians tell me. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.